It is 3 AM in the morning and I am dead tired but I feel like it is about the right time to set the new year’s resolution for the year of 2012!
1. All three quarters of provost honors. I have already completed one. :) One down two more to go!
2. Achieving #1 will eventually lead me to the Psychology department honor’s program(At least I should be able to apply for it).
3. PSYC 199s (lab)
4. Complete Chopin’s Ballade No.1
5. (Possibly) Try out for an individual music lesson. Piano or vocal, but probably vocal if I do try out.
6. (Possibly) Join another choir.
7. Start looking into GRE (At least the Psychology subject test one).
About setting goals:
People are realistic when they are setting goals but once they start pursuing those goals, they get really optimistic about what they are going to accomplish in a certain amount of time.
- Your confidence may be higher because your optimism is higher.
- You’re able to deal with interruptions better because of optimism. Dealing with interruptions is really important when you’re pursuing the goals.
Most goals you are trying to accomplish takes time; so once you start a goal, you’re going to get interrupted and you have to someway get back to accomplishing your goals. You have to limit yourself in other areas to get your goals to done.
In order to pursue these goals and have self-control, you need self-regulation.
Oh god of course I would know it all by theory. lol hopefully my “goal shielding” will help me achieve these goals this year! :)